Pearson is offering academic and vocational qualifications to more than 25,000 schools and Colleges in over 100 countries worldwide. The Pearson BTEC suite of qualifications are available from entry level to level 5, they are highly regarded and recognised by employers and higher education institutes all over the world.
Pearson BTEC Higher Level 5 Diploma is designed to provide a specialist vocational programme that offers a strong sector- related emphasis on practical skills development alongside the development of requisite knowledge and understanding. The qualifications provide a thorough grounding in the key concepts and practical skills required in their related sector and allow for direct progression to employment or progression to higher education.
The qualifications provide a thorough grounding in the key concepts and practical skills required in their related sector and allow for direct progression to employment or progression to higher education.
Pearson BTEC Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training - Full Time and Part Time (120 Credits)
Pearson BTEC Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training is a one-year, professional qualification for people teaching in further education colleges, adult education, and a wide range of other training and educational settings that are outside the school sector. This qualification provides a route to Qualified Teacher Learning and Skills (QTLS) status. The professional Diploma is a 120-credit qualification and is offered full time and part time. The units for this programme focus on training you as a teacher. The programme of units aims to offer you the best opportunities for progression, both academically and professionally in a teaching environment.
- Unit 01- Developing Teaching, Learning and Assessment in Education and Training
- Unit 02 - Teaching, Learning and Assessment in Education and Training
- Unit 03 - Theories, Principles and Models in Education and Training
- Unit 04 - Wider Professional Practice and Development in Education and Training
- Unit 07 - Action Learning to Support Development of Subject Specific Pedagogy
- Unit 08 - Action Research – Unit
- Unit 13 - Developing, Using and Organising Resources in a Specialist Area
The College will need to review the profile of qualifications and/or experience held by applicants, considering whether their profile shows an ability to progress to a higher level qualification.For learners who wish to enter the HND programme, the entry profile is likely to include the following:
For learners who wish to enter the programme, the entry profile is likely to include one of the following:
- A BTEC national /Advanced GNVQ / AVCE in Business related qualification or equivalent in Level 3
- UK Level 3 Ofqual approved QCF qualifications, or overseas equivalent
- An Access HE Certificate awarded by an Approved FE institution
- The student must be in teaching practice for minimum of 100 hours
- English language proficiency equivalent to at least IELTS 5.5, with a minimum of 5.0 on individual sections for all students who are non-native English speakers, or who have not studied the final two years of school in English
Students complete 100 hours of work placement in teaching practices or at a recognised training or educational institution and this has led to full time employment for many of our trainees.
Once you have completed the DET Course, your portfolio will be sent for a final External Verification. Once this process has been completed you can become employed in a Full Time Teaching role and apply for your Qualified Teacher Status (QTLS) with the Society for Education & Training (SET). You would need to become a member of the SET in order to apply for QTLS status.
Assessment of this qualification is by assignment, typically one or two assignments per unit. These assignments will vary and include a mix of formal reports, presentations and practical tasks, but there will be no formal exams.
All units will be individually graded as ‘pass ‘only. To achieve a full qualification you must pass all 7 units to achieve the Diploma.