Pearson is offering academic and vocational qualifications to more than 25,000 schools and Colleges in over 100 countries worldwide. The Pearson BTEC suite of qualifications are available from entry level to level 5, they are highly regarded and recognised by employers and higher education institutes all over the world.
Pearson BTEC Higher Level 5 Diploma is designed to provide a specialist vocational programme that offers a strong sector- related emphasis on practical skills development alongside the development of requisite knowledge and understanding. The qualifications provide a thorough grounding in the key concepts and practical skills required in their related sector and allow for direct progression to employment or progression to higher education.
The qualifications provide a thorough grounding in the key concepts and practical skills required in their related sector and allow for direct progression to employment or progression to higher education.
The HND is a level 5 qualification delivered over 2 years, the first year at level 4 and the second year at level 5. If a student opts to take the HND they would be eligible to gain a Higher National Diploma after successful completion of a minimum of 16 units.
The Higher National Diploma is a 240-credit qualification and Higher National Certificate is a 120-credit qualification. The units for this programme focus on how business theory applies in the modern and contemporary workplace. The programme of units aims to offer you the best opportunities for progression, both academically and professionally.
Pearson BTEC Level 5 HND Diploma (RQF)
Year 1 HND
- Business & the Business Environment
- Marketing Essentials
- Human Resource Management
- Management Operations
- Management Accounting
- Managing a successful Business Project (Pearson Set)
- Business Law
- Entrepreneurship and Small Business Management
Year 2 HND
- Managing & Running a small Business
- Statistics for Management
- Business Strategy
- Developing Individual Teams & Organisation
- International Marketing
- Pitching & Negotiation Skills
- Research Project (Pearson Set)
- Organisational Behaviour
- Sales Management
- International Marketing
- Brand Management
- Planning for Growth
The College will need to review the profile of qualifications and/or experience held by applicants, considering whether their profile shows an ability to progress to a higher level qualification.
For learners who wish to enter the HND programme, the entry profile is likely to include the following:
- Minimum 18 years of age
- BTEC or other related level 3 qualification or
- A Level/ (AS Level)/or (GCSE) achievement (‘A’ to ‘E’ grade) that demonstrates strong performance in a relevant subject or an adequate performance in more than one subject.
- Equivalent overseas qualification or
- Mature learners may present a more varied profile of achievement that is likely to include work experience.
- English language proficiency equivalent to at least IELTS 5.5, with a minimum of 5.0 on individual sections for all students who are non-native English speakers, or who have not studied the final two years of school in English.
Once you have successfully completed the HND you can continue on to study the third year of a degree or honours degree at a number of UK and International Universities.
The Pearson BTEC Higher National Qualifications have been developed with career progression in mind. They allow for progression into or within employment in the business sector, either directly on achievement of the award or following further study to a degree.
This qualification is suitable for students who have already decided that they wish to enter this area of work or for others who wish to use this qualification as a stepping stone in order to enter a specialist area of employment.
Registration is the process which formalises entry to the awarding body for Learners for a qualification of a programme subject and level. Certification is the process of claiming a certificate in recognition of a Learners achievement of a qualification. The Registration and Certification Fee is included in the tuition fees.
Assessment of Pearson BTEC Higher Nationals is by assignment, typically one or two assignments per unit. These assignments will vary and include a mix of formal reports, presentations and practical tasks, but there will be no formal exams.
All units will be individually graded as ‘pass’, ‘merit’ or ‘distinction’. To achieve a full qualification you must pass all 16 units to achieve the Higher Diploma.